Monday, 2 March 2015

Swimming

We are learning to build our confidence in and around the water. We practise our swimming skills and love to show off our new tricks.


This is what I have been practising:
Safe entry into the pool (1/4 turn entry)
Kerri thinks

Submerge and blow bubbles
Kerri thinks

Float on my back (Starfish)
Kerri thinks

Float on my front (Starfish)
Kerri thinks

Pick up objects with my hand
Kerri thinks

Rocket arms on my front
Kerri thinks
 


Rocket arms on my back
Kerri thinks

Reflection:

I am really proud of: I am really proud of Backstroke because it is hard for me. 

It is tricky when: Diving down and picking up the objects because I can't hold my breath for that long.

The next thing I want to learn is: To do a backflip in the pool because I can't yet.

You can enter the pool safely and I have loved watching your confidence grow in the water this year and have loved all the tricks you show. Remember to take a big breath and then blow little bubbles out of your nose when you are under water. If you practise this you will be able hold your breath and pick things up off the bottom of the pool.
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment