Sunday, 6 September 2015

Dad

In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself

My writing



How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks


I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks


I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks


Reflection

My favourite part was: when I tried fixing my writing.

It was really hard when: using my stetchy cat arm because sometimes you can't hear all the sounds of the word that you are trying to spell.

Something that really helped me was: looking for words I don't know on the word cards that are on the wall.

Something new I learned was: to put lots of details into my plan then I won't forget all of  my ideas.

Kerri Thinks
You always have a story to tell and loads of great ideas. You plan your writing and use the plan to make sure you have added details. The details help the reader to see your dad as you see him. Great job!
Remember to stretch out your words and record the sounds you can hear in order. This might mean you have to slow down a little as you write but it will help make your writing ready for the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment