Saturday, 19 September 2015

How much cake?

We have been learning all about fractions and what a fraction is. We decided that a fraction is fair. It needs to be the same shape, same size or the same number. 
We have also been doing loads of thinking and problem solving in our maths. We think problem solving is hard but we are very proud of our learning!

WALT: find the fractions of sets and shapes.
Success Criteria
  • I can use what I know to solve problems
  • I can use a picture to show my thinking
  • I can use materials to show my thinking
  • My shares are fair (the same shape, same size or the same number)


How I am going

I can use what I know to solve problems
Kerri thinks



I can use a picture to show my thinking
Kerri thinks



I can use materials to show my thinking
Kerri thinks



My shares are fair (the same shape, same size or the same number)
Kerri thinks



Reflection

My favourite part was: learning how to write the fractions

It was really hard when: I was trying to work out what a quarter is because I need more practice.

Something that really helped me was: using different materials to work out what was fair shares.

Something new I learned was: what a fraction is and that is has to be the same and fair shares.

Kerri Thinks
You should be super proud of yourself, you have really grown in confidence as a mathematician this term. During the group you are always willing to share your ideas and you use the materials to show your thinking. When we start problem solving, rememebr to slow down and have athink about what the question is asking you and wha you already know. Problem solving is a bit of a different way of thinking, slowing down, drawing pictures, talking with a buddy and loads of thinking will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment