Monday, 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga

We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helping
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves. 

We need to think for ourselves!!



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: helping people if they don't have anyone to play with or if the fell down.

I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when:I do the right thing like following my I-time and not changing it.

It was really hard when: other people don't listen to me because then they might not know what to do and they might do the wrong thing.


Kerri Thinks
You work hard to show rangatiratanga both in and out of the classroom. You fill in your i-time chart every morning and try really hard to complete all your must do's. You are a quiet leader in the classroom who can be counted in to do the right thing and try your best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment